Bluetooth is a wireless protocol that is used to connect a number of devices to each other to be able to exchange data over a short distance. It is more like a connected circle of technologies and is uses radio technology that slices up the data that is transmitted from one device and send it to other portions up to 79 frequencies.
The key features of the Bluetooth technology are as follows –
- They are less complicated
- They consume less power
- They are easily available at cheap rates
The application of Bluetooth technologies is plenty in today’s modern world. While during the early days, Bluetooth was only used between a cell phones and a hands-free set; today it has a number of other applications. Some of the top ones are –
- Wireless communication between different computers in a tight space
- Wireless communication between a computer and other devices like keyboard and mouse
- Transferring of data, contact information, schedules and also reminders between devices using OBEX
- The replacement of the old wired serial communication with the Bluetooth serial wireless communication in the travel and medical industry like test equipment, traffic control devices, GPS devices and more
- Wireless communication over different industrial Ethernet networks
- Wireless controllers for various gaming devices like PS3, PS4, Nintendo Wii and other similar plat devices
- Wireless internet connection
- Bluetooth enabled hoardings that can send different ads to one another.
Over the years, Bluetooth has come into application in many different products such as telephones, gaming consoles, watches, headsets, modems and others. It is mainly used to transfer sound information in cell phones and byte information between computers.
The main advantages of using Bluetooth technology is that it is inexpensive and the best part about it is that almost all the wireless and some of the non-wireless devices are equipped with Bluetooth technology. One does not have to configure any settings as the Bluetooth automatically synchronizes itself.
The various Bluetooth technology development centres focuses on Bluetooth development that includes the applications for software and hardware development solutions, automotive hands-free devices, wireless speakers, headsets, smartphones accessories, medical devices, internet radio, computer accessories and much more. But, when designing of Bluetooth devices, it is important to keep a few things into consideration. Some of them are –
- You can choose between module or chip sets. But, when you use chip sets and design them on the PCB, you can save on footprint.
- It is important to have good antennas for your Bluetooth products.
- It is important to use a good connector to allow for appropriate signals brought out on a connector.
- All the modules in the device should have board crystals that have an optimal bias level to minimize phase noise on the oscillator.
Bluetooth devices are in great demand and if you are thinking of using this technology in your product, it is important to choose products that are of high quality.